HO AM TaeKwonDo:
The style of TaeKwonDo practiced in Tiger Rock Martial Arts International (TRMAI) today is known as Ho-Am TaeKwonDo. This name symbolizes the spirit, values, and vision of the Alliance. The word ho means ‘tiger’ in Korean and the word am means ‘rock’. Tiger-Rock is identified with symbolism of the Siberian tiger, native to Korea and known for its power, prowess, and sense of justice but unfortunately endangered, just as our tenets are endangered values.
The Tiger symbolizes justice and bravery, and the Rock symbolizes the steadfast and immovable life spirit of the Korean and Western civilizations. Tiger Rock Martial Arts International believes that the success of Ho-Am TaeKwonDo comes from honoring both native Korean Eastern cultural heritage and the philosophy of the Western mind dating back to the Athenian culture, the beginning of Western democratic thought.
Our Class TypesTiger Cubs (Ages 4 – 5)
The TRMAI Tiger Cubs program is designed for children who are four and five years old. It is intended to be an introductory and preparatory course for entrance into the regular junior TaeKwonDo classes. Many children in this age group are not yet capable of developing the physical abilities, social skills, and emotional maturity to be successful in a regular junior TaeKwonDo class but desire to be involved in TRMAI-franchised member academies; therefore, the TRMAI Tiger Cubs program has been developed.
Juniors ( Ages 6-11) Youths (Ages 12-15) and Adults (Ages 16 and Above)
Programs Designed Specifically for Juniors, Youths and Adults
- Students can start any time and blend into the academy.
- Students move through the program at a rate comfortable for them, not necessarily as a class unit.
- Specialized classes for juniors, youths and adults are available; juniors, youths and adults require different curriculum and teaching methods.
- Classes are normally divided by age level and proficiency.
- Transformational language creates a safe and comfortable atmosphere.
- No one sits on the bench… everyone participates!
Class Schedules Designed for Juniors, Youths and Adults
- Classes are offered on various days of the week and times of the day (see schedule for specific academy or club).
- Simply pick the classes that are the most convenient for you to attend.
- Classes are 50 to 55 minutes in length.
- An average of twice weekly attendance is ideal for most students.
Benefits of Ho-Am TaeKwonDo training
- Get into shape
- Relieve stress
- Learn personal safety skills
- Develop discipline & self-control
- Channel aggressive energy
- Build self-esteem & confidence
- Have fun!